Friday, January 28, 2011

Cobra-esque

The first look I changed on the exterior of my car (besides paint) was the Cobra-Grill installation. I prefer to call it the "Pony-Grill" since there is no Cobra actually involved. 
This was obviously before paint, I laughed because it made my Mustang look like she had a 5'o clock shadow. At the same time i purchased my hood scoop from an '82 GT, so I painted the grille, scoop, and my cowl grille white at the same time. Also at this same time Angel had gotten backed into by a Durango, so we had to replace the drivers side fender as well.
It's hard to see in this picture, but the Durango hit me right behind the front wheel.
Here's my dad trying to rip the fender off the car.
I had to drive around like this for 2 days because I didn't have time to put the new fender on before I had to go to work

Also at this time I was literally trying to rip the luggage rack off (again trying to bring it into the 90's) I almost left the rear of the luggage rack on because I thought it looked cool. about two weeks later i realized that it didn't look cool at all.

As you can tell by these last two pictures I was having problems with my paint flaking on my bumper. This was later fixed when I learned the correct way to paint plastic parts. If you have any questions, just ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment