Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Meet Angel:

Here is Angel, my unsuspecting, once-innocent 1991 Ford Mustang LX. I got her when I was 15 just before I got my drivers license. It was the end of my Freshman year and I came home from a choir trip at 4:00AM,  we pulled into the driveway and I saw her sitting there just begging to be driven, that bright chrome 5.0 badge just staring me in the face saying 'race me'. I sat in her for a few hours just dreaming, waiting for the day I could actually drive her. 6 years later I was 21 and still had Angel, my first love, and the only one who loved me back as much as I loved her. She changed quite a bit over the 6-year period, but she always has been, and always will be a part of me.
 Here she is just after i got her. She wasn't too bad looking, and she was completely stock, but I already had plans for Angel. My first priority was to bring her out of the 80's and make her look more modern, so my first modifications were new GT500-style wheels and painting the black trim white.


 Fun in the high school parking lot

The came the fun part: Paint
Going In

Coming Out
The Finished Product:


At this point I thought I was mostly finished with Angel. Her trim had been painted white and I thought it made her look at least 5 years newer, just by appearance. I also filled in the "MUSTANG" lettering on the front and rear bumpers because I noticed that a lot of people didn't think it was a Mustang, but rather some sort of convertible Taurus (idiots). I changed my mind about the lettering after I got into college and removed the vinyl stickers that I had placed in there 3 years earlier. I wanted to add a Mach1 chin spoiler onto the front, but that was as far as I was going to go at that point...little did I know that it was only the beginning.




No comments:

Post a Comment