Monday, January 24, 2011

My First Ideas

I soon realized that I wasn't going to stop working on Angel anytime soon, and I got carried away with ideas and was constantly drawing and looking at pictures of Mustangs to see what I liked and wanted to do to my own. I took pictures of my Mustang and modified them in MSPaint to see what ideas i liked and didn't like.


Well damn, I searched my entire computer and can't seem to find all the pictures that i worked with, which is a real shame because they're fun to laugh at, but it's also interesting to see what design cues i took with me and have applied today. I only found the picture above that I did towards the end of high school. At this point I was pretty set with how I wanted my car to look. I remember I had a few pictures where I wanted to install a Shaker hood on my car. Something I also considered was putting side stripes on Angel like the '84 GT350's, which i do have pictures of. I used a washable paint and taped off the stripes. As you can tell they didn't quite match the look I was going for:

In my honest opinion I think hood stripes look absolutely horrible on Fox-Body Mustangs. 
I think that if you had to have stripes on your Fox-Body that there  is only one way to do it where it would look alright, but I have yet to see anyone pull it off. If you want to know how I think they would look good, email me or comment on this post below.

Below are a few pictures of Mustang that inspired me throughout the years:

I've always liked the look of the gauges on the outside HVAC cowl, and I still want to put a hood tach on Angel like a classic GTO or '70 Mustang.

No comments:

Post a Comment