Thursday, February 3, 2011

Time For ol' Kenny Bell

In august of 2008 I made a decision that was financially ridiculous, but my fun factor skyrocketed. I decided to treat Angel to a 2.1 Kenne Bell Blowzilla supercharger. I get asked how much the supercharger cost. That's no simple question. Yes, the supercharger alone cost roughly 3400, but everything else I did to go along with the supercharger probably cost me another 3k easily, and it would've been 4-5k if I'd decided to put new cylinder heads on the 5.0 as well. My friend's dad owned a repair shop, so they let me keep Angel there while I did my work. But I know you don't want to read anymore...so here are pics of the installation:
Boxes of goodies. My Kenne Bell Supercharger, FRPP 42lb injectors, 255lph fuel pump, C&L MAF housing, and some exhaust parts.

 
It's only slightly bigger than stock
Bright green 42 lb-ers will put a smile on anyone's face!

The "BoneYard" all of the stock parts are now useless.
Here is my roommate trying to siphon gas out of my tank so we could lower it and put the 255 pump in. His air hose idea didn't work, and I ended up sucking gas out the classic way. Mmmm gas....
It's oh-so-shiny and new!

To understand the irony of this picture, you'd have to look at CeetWarrior's channel on Youtube. He has a picture of himself doing this when he put his KB on, so I just wanted to poke a little fun at him!


Kenne Bell right angle
Kenne Bell left angle
Now I had the Kenne Bell installed, but I still couldn't have my fun. i had removed the stock exhaust manifolds and bought some Summit Racing long-tube headers, where my roommate and I built the rest of my exhaust system around....but that story will wait for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment