Thursday, February 24, 2011

Take a Brake

 About a week ago I ordered these drilled and slotted rotors for the SC/302 for Valentines Day. Drilled rotors for you car are the way to go. Hands down. But slotted rotors have both their ups and down. Slotted rotors are used mainly  in race cars and the slots (the lines across the rotor) help grab the brake pad to slow it down quickly. The bad thing is that slotted rotors eat away at your pad faster because they are braking harder. Luckily these aren't full-on slotted rotors, so the pad should last quite a while. The drilled factor of rotors though, provide a HUGE improvement over stock because the holes allow the disc to stay cooler and vent heat easier, keeping the friction tight, and your brake fluid cool.

 My brakes were about as bad as they can get. The pad was completely gone, and the rivets were being used to slow down the disc. I highly recommend not doing this.

 This is the old pad (front) compared to the new pad (in back), you can see there was literally nothing left.

 My mess scattered all over the place

They look pretty dang good if I do say so myself

No comments:

Post a Comment