Monday, February 7, 2011

Exhaust 102

The Kenne Bell installation was finished, but the car couldn't be started just yet. First we had to build the exhaust. I bought some Summit Racing long-tubes for Angel, and I will never put long-tubes on a fox-body again, unless I'm putting in a new engine as well, because it was a huge pain in the butt. The exhaust system took about 8 months to complete, because I moved from Twin Falls back to Boise and didn't work on it again till the next summer. The entire exhaust system was built by me and my roommate in Twin Falls.

Here is the H-Pipe we built. Here it is seen tac-welded and just waiting for my roommate to make it all official
Ahhhh those gloriously red Cherry-Bombs! Here is our completed mid-pipe for the SC/302

We finished the mid-pipe in October 2009, and i started working on the rest in the summer of 2010:


 Figuring out the angles needed for the exhaust to work was the hardest part of building this last section, but after it was all finished it turned out just right. This was also my first time welding anything, so I thought I did a pretty good job for my first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment